The summer season has officially kicked off with Memorial Day! You've made it through a brutal winter and a mild spring. You know what that means, right? The summer is going to be a hot one for the real estate market. The stock market is at an all-time high. Interest rates are still at record lows, and inventory is still not keeping up with demand.
People have stayed inside all winter long and are ready to hit the open house circuit with their brokers. Here are 5 tips to keep you cool this summer when you're out and about in search of your apartment.
- Be patient. Get ready for the competition. You're going to have people out in droves. Don't be intimidated. Rather, see it as an opportunity to fine tune exactly what you're looking for and when you're ready to pull the trigger, make your move.
- Be persistent. Can't find what you're looking for? Keep looking! Getting outbid? Keep looking! The only sure fire way to get exactly what you came to get is to keep looking for it.
- Come prepared. Are you looking by yourself or with a broker? A broker will be able to guide you with all the documentation you'll need to submit an offer and take a property all the way to closing. At Blooming Sky, we help match you with our trusted network of brokers to ensure your real estate experience is smooth sailing. If you're starting your search, click here to get access to our brokerage concierge.
- Be open-minded. Real estate will always be a compromise between location, size and price. As a home buyer it is important to be open-minded to different combinations of these three factors.
- Keep hydrated. Searching for the right property takes time. Could you imagine going to the gym on an empty stomach? Probably not a good idea. Keep a bottle of water close by when you're on your search to keep cool when you're dealing with the heat, the crowds and numerous properties you'll be seeing.
With these 5 tips, you'll be sure to keep cool this summer as you begin your search for your apartment. Do you have any tips or tricks of your own? Let us know by shooting us at email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We might even feature you on our blog!